NEW REQUIREMENTS PER MACOMB COUNTY COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH FOR NON-CHILDREN’S WAIVER CASES:
- Recipient Rights – new employees must be certified within 30 days of hire.
- First Aid and CPR – new employees must be certified within 90 days of hire.
- Bloodborne Pathogens – new employees must be certified within 90 days of hire.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN’S WAIVER CASES:
- Recipient Rights – new employees must be completed before new hire packet can be submitted.
- First Aid and CPR – new employees must be completed before new hire packet can be submitted.
- Bloodborne Pathogens – new employees must be completed before new hire packet can be submitted.
- 7 hour Skills Training for CLS and Respite workers – must be completed within 60 days from employee’s hire date.
- TB test – new employees must be completed before new hire packet can be submitted.
- Training Verification – new employees must be completed before new hire packet can be submitted. This form must is part of the Plan of Service between the case manager and employee.
When hiring new employees for your company, please have your employee fill out the New Hire Packet and include a copy of their Drivers License, Social Security Card, Bloodborne Pathogens, CPR and First Aid Certificates (American Heart Association or the American Red Cross preferred for CPR and First Aid). See above for certification requirements for regular and children’s waiver cases. All new CLS and/or Respite staff must take the 7 Hour Skills Training course through Macomb County within 60 days of hire (CHILDREN’S WAIVER STAFF ONLY).
Your caregiver may begin working… only after we process and verify your caregiver meets all criteria required for employment including 5 background checks. We will not be able to verify your caregiver until all paperwork is received.
Please review the following Frequently Asked Questions regarding the New Hire Packet before completing and submitting the paperwork to us.
We are unable to review any new hire packet that is emailed or faxed. This process may take up to 5 days to process. You will be notified by phone when your caregiver may begin working. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Certification Requirements for Caregivers
Recipient Rights: Renewal every 2 years through Macomb or Oakland County
Click on training.mccmh.net for class schedule.
Registration is not needed for Recipient Rights.
UBHC/ICSP/ACT Recipient Rights Training Location:
43800 Garfield Rd., Clinton Township, MI 48038
(Across from Macomb Intermediate School District)
Please arrive 15 minutes before the appointed time.
The doors will promptly be closed when the class starts!
First come, first seated as the capacity for this training is limited.
We only accept Recipient Rights certificates from Macomb or Oakland County.
*AS OF MARCH 1, 2019, MCCMH WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERING FIRST AND CPR CLASSES.
Bloodborne Pathogens: Renewal every year
Online Course: Go to http://plp.mivu.org
Registration is required to print the certificate. Please enter Bloodborne Pathogens in the search box.
7 Hour Skills Training for CLS and/or Respite Staff: No Renewal
(CHILDREN’S WAIVER STAFF ONLY)
Call 586-465-8326 or go to http://training.mccmh.net to schedule your class
Absolutely NO online courses can be taken except Bloodborne Pathogens.
All classes must be “face to face” in a classroom, including First Aid and CPR.