I am autisic – 10 things that I would like you to know
- I am a child.
- My senses are out of sync.
- It isn’t that I don’t listen to instructions – it’s that I can’t understand you.
- I am a concrete thinker – I interpret language literally.
- It’s hard for me to tell you what I need when I don’t have a way to describe my feelings.
- I’m visually oriented – show me how to do something rather than just telling me.
- Focus on what I can do rather than what I can’t do.
- Help me with social interactions- I don’t know how to read facial expressions or emotions of others.
- Identify what triggers my meltdowns – they occur because one of my senses have gone into overload.
- Love me unconditionally. View my autism as a different ability, not a disability.
For more information go to: http://the-autism-answers.com